FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bring stroller or not in international trip with 4 month old ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:06 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
That's great, thank you! I will definitely shop for that stroller!
Hope it works for you. Once my kid grew too big for the car seat, we detached the car seat adaptors, put the seat cover onto the frame and used the Quinny as a conventional stroller.
The Quinny has evolved since our purchase (about 9 years ago) but this was the only stroller we ever bought. It folds up small, if you get the tote (bag) cover it can be stored as cabin luggage and placed in an overhead bin.
Ours still gets used once or twice a year for unexpected tasks. The downside is that the wheels are a bit wider than one might expect. It was fine for us, but really annoyed my mother for that reason.
Do look ahead when purchasing, worth getting a stroller that is comfortable as a stroller for when your kid is older as well as being a good portable car seat holder now.
As I said, it’s been nearly a decade since our purchase, there may be better car seat/stroller combos on the market. I’m pretty sure I made my Quinny purchase having seen a recommendation on FlyerTalk. Being able to store it in an airplane cabin was invaluable when getting a sleepy three and four year old through airports (I live in London and have family in Spain and Japan). Even when you can take a stroller to the doorway of plane, you may not be reunited with a checked in stroller until the luggage carousel at your destination. Having it in the cabin brought real peace of mind.