FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:18 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by redmanmark86
I did speak to my girlfriend about TP runs as we are trying to get to gold. We are currently on silver with 610 but I'm trying to get us to GGL as we have till November to try and achieve it.
You didn't mention your Silver statuses and that you might achieve GGL yourself. Then of course you might want to emphasize TPs, depending on how easily you can reach GGL (and Gold for her). Now your post makes more sense.
In the future we will just be looking at normal TP runs though I think there is an issue because I start in LHR and then pass back through LHR when using the ITA Matrix with it always finding no flights.
Correct. The same applies to certain other airlines as well, which have fare rules, that basically allow running back and forth. My advice is to always plan your routings in a way that your travel actually progresses. It eliminates many issues for ticketing the trip.
Ah, I'm so dumb. So positioning basically means putting yourself in an ex-EU location to start the run/trip to maximise cost and TP.
If you want to maximize the cost, then you just buy IATA tickets and travel as you wish. Yes, to maximize the TPs/Avios/status miles and to minimize the ticket spend.