FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:35 pm
brandonpkt

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Regarding number of rooms assigned to points bookings, I wonder if the current number as posted here (10) is 5+5, i.e; 5 King Beach Villa with Pool and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villa with Pool or 10 of each. They seem to be different villas and not interchangeable like the Conrad with its King and Double (where they separate the bed matresses in the middle to make a King into a Double). The King Beach Villas with Pool are 234 sq.m and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villas with Pool are 242sq.m in size.
I am pretty sure it is 10 base rooms per type (10 for King and 10 for double queeen). The diamond rep I was talking to this AM said that they had 10 of my room type left - which was a King Beach villa. Now they are sold out of my room type for almost every night of my 11 night stay during festive season. It also could be that they have more than 10 rooms per type; because there were 10 left at around 8am EST and award availability started overnight so I am sure some bookings happened prior to my call.

@MF: are you now splitting your Dec stay to include the WA? Or are you still doing all 31 at Conrad? We are now doing 6 night at Conrad and 11-13 nights at Waldorf. Still should have a window to meet up with other FlyerTalkers at Conrad happy hour, or up in the trees at WA