FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:44 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by harrisk7
Have 3 weekend night certificates that expire at the end of September. Would you book 8 nights here in September (3 with certificates, 5 with points) or 6 nights in January/February (1 certificate and 5 points)

Saying this knowing that September is wet season where Jan/Feb rain is less likely but knowing it won’t be as occupied in September due to the wet season and new opening (better chance at a better Diamond upgrade possibly?)

My 30th birthday and my wife and I’s fifth anniversary is in September too.... leaning toward that option as the more nights and special occasions seem like an obvious choice but the thought of a rainy week is definitely in the back of my mind
Most definitely do the 8 nights. Besides the obvious upgrade possibility due to probable low occupancy, flying half way round the world you want to be there as long as possible, that is unless the Maldives is a very regular destination for you.