FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:40 am
pat_pat_tong

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Eventually - at 50 minutes or so - although the agent converted the wrong certificate - instead of the one expiring in April he converted the one from July. And yes I had the same "when you're ready to book the hotel" garbage, although as it happens I was converting due to the category changes and needing to attach a certificate before that happens.

Ultimately I received two emails - cancelling the 830T and ordering a QP83 - so next time I'll try the script in the wiki and HUACA if the agent doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Thanks for this info. Does the new cert have the expiration date updated to one year from now? I have tried the script in wiki but it doesn't work that well.

Also, did you tell them that the hotel you wanted to book is converting to new category so they agree to convert the certificate and attach it to the hotel? Or did you just convince them after 50 mins to convert the certificate only and not attach it to any reservation yet? I hope that I can be more prepared and get a better experience when I call them again. Thanks