FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:09 am
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by threeoh
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant I would take ATS to domestic terminal in the case that I was arriving on an int'l flight in T5 and connecting to a domestic flight out of T1/2/3. The discussion was about a new express connect checkpoint that would allow arriving T5 pax to clear customs and then immediately clear security and take the airside bus over to the domestic terminals. I was saying I'd likely skip that checkpoint and just take ATS unless the enumerated list of factors came into play.

I was not talking about originating in ORD. If originating in ORD and flying out of T5, I might clear in T1/2/3 through Pre and take TTB if I was stepping off the blue line and didn't have checked bags, since it would involve getting on a bus/ATS either way. If arriving by taxi I'd just head straight to T5 and suck up Pre lite.
I understand your point. It might come down to where you connecting gate is. If it's way out on Concourse C, for example, and the reverse TTB happens to stop close by then that would seem to be a quick means of getting there from T5.