FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted Promotions, 2019
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:36 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nsummy
Exactly this. Someone else posted earlier on in the thread: "Nothing here so I called MR. They indicated they are rolling out the promotions from now through February 13th." Who knows if that is accurate or not, but maybe everyone who hasn't been targeted (me included) can wait to get out their pitchforks until the 14th
Or, because it's a TARGETED promotion and not everyone will get it? Starwood ran these all the time and made William's life hell. Every time, there would be people whining that they weren't targeted and trying to figure out a pattern of who was targeted.

Here are a few samples, and within some threads, there are multiple quarterly promos.

10 Nov 2014 : Select Member Exclusive Email offer

Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015

28 Sep : Targeted, by email : Exclusive Bonus Offer - Up to 12k Bonus Points

Exclusive (not available to everyone) bonus offer - April 2016

SPG select members exclusive promotions 2017

If you aren't targeted this time, you might be on the next one, or the one after. There will be some people that will be targeted twice before you ever get targeted once. There will be some people that will post "I got some strange exclusive promotion points post to my account. Anyone know what this is about?". (This one I find annoying.) It's not personal. Your turn may come, and it might not.

I can just hear William going "Oh no, not this again" when this latest targeted promo was launched.