FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I entitled to compensation? [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:27 am
sgolby

Originally Posted by 8420PR
If you get the €600 compensation depends on the reason for the delay (I assume for the flight from LEJ to FRA). From your posts I cannot work out the reason, but if it was anything within the airlines responsibility (crew issues, mechanical problem with the plane, catering truck hitting the plane) then you could have a valid claim. If the reason for the delay was outside of the airlines control (reasons tested in court include: weather, ATC, bird strikes, security delays) then no compensation is due.

What reason was given for the delay when you were on the plane?

From other posts (where the OP reports back) and my experience LH is reasonably good about paying compensation.
When I pointed out the flight didn't even leave until a day later this is what they wrote back No compensation due to "flight irregularity". In previous they have said "caused by a third party" and to other people I know traveling on the same fight & the same pair of flights the day before they have told different stories. The core reason is they've made the connection too short for when they fail to fly on time, there was on earlier timetables 1h 45m in Frankfurt, now it's 1h. They used to have a margin for error, now they don't.

I didn't hear any reason on the plane & the service center in Frankfurt airport didn't give any reason. That ground service is one of the main reasons I want compensation, 4 hours of jerking us around is not acceptable.

Thank you for your continued correspondence.

As advised, we are unable to compensate you for the flight irregularity. However, we will pay for the incurred expenses amounting to USD 98. Kindly send us your bank details so we can process the payment.

Thank you for understanding in this regard.