FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 144 TWOV China- AA Issues/Questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:22 am
Steve M

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by dsp6178
Thanks! FWIW I just called and asked regarding my situation (AA MIA-PVG with a confirmed flight to Korea 2 days later) and inquired if AA was accepting of the 144-transit without a visa policy and she confirmed that YES, that it an acceptable routing and I'll be able to board without issues.
Compliance with the China TWOV rules isn't really the issue. The issue is what the individual check-in agent will do. And, if that agent happens to have an issue with your itinerary, telling them that someone at AA told you over the phone that it will be okay will likely have no effect. Considering that people report issues at check-in at LAX, I'd be even more concerned at MIA, which is where your primary document check will occur, assuming you have a connection and not a stopover to your PVG flight.

I don't mean to create undo worry. What I would do is get to the MIA check-in counter at least 3 hours before departure so that you have time to work out any issues.