FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:07 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
That's the case for the next ~8 months or so, and even assuming it's running, for my upcoming trip to LHR in May, that would require (a) checking my bags at the BA counter at T5, (b) riding the ATS one stop to T3, (c) clearing security at T3, (c1) praying the TSA doesn't direct me back to T5 to clear security, and (d) riding the airside shuttle bus back to T5. All with a 10-month old baby. At that point, I'd rather just take my damn shoes off at the regular T5 checkpoint and spend the time I would've spend doing the aforementioned eating delicious buns from Wow Bao.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant I would take ATS to domestic terminal in the case that I was arriving on an int'l flight in T5 and connecting to a domestic flight out of T1/2/3. The discussion was about a new express connect checkpoint that would allow arriving T5 pax to clear customs and then immediately clear security and take the airside bus over to the domestic terminals. I was saying I'd likely skip that checkpoint and just take ATS unless the enumerated list of factors came into play.

I was not talking about originating in ORD. If originating in ORD and flying out of T5, I might clear in T1/2/3 through Pre and take TTB if I was stepping off the blue line and didn't have checked bags, since it would involve getting on a bus/ATS either way. If arriving by taxi I'd just head straight to T5 and suck up Pre lite.