FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Western vs Japanese Meal in F
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:39 am
Knodde

Programs: BA Gold
I am on JL43 at this moment, my experience with the Japanese meal, the time I have had it, is that it can be a hit and miss, with some courses at least in the cornucopia that the Japanese meal is. I was on JL26 HKG-HND last night, I struggled to decide what to have, the very lovely CC member said they had enough for me to try the Japanese section, and if I didnt like it I could have the Western. The Japanese was great though. Today we are 2pax in the F cabin, I am sure the same approach would have worked here. On another flight I have been with 7 Japanese business men in the F cabin and was told I might not get my Japanese meal, and I would have been fine with that.

So after this Cristal infused rambling, my suggestion would be to have an interest in the Japanese meal, your CC will most likely be happy to help you out with alternatives, unlessed packed cabin. If its your first JL F I would go Japanese, if it is not to your taste, you tried it, and you can grab a good steak anywhere in the world, and the snack menu will npt leave you starving.