FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Option for ATL - DEL in J
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:20 pm
DARBgone

Programs: DL GM
Best Option for ATL - DEL in J

I need to go to New Delhi for work the week after next. Trying to figure my best option from Atlanta. I will be flying business class on a paid fare. As far as I can tell my options are to connect in either CDG or AMS.

CDG
Options for the ATL - CDG leg are DL 777-200ER advertised as having the "suites" or AF 777-300ER, which based on the seat map looks to be the older 2-3-2 configuration. Connection from CDG - DEL is also a 777-300ER with 2-3-2 across. Oddly the Delta website shows business class availability on both the Delta ATL-CDG leg and the the AF CDG-DEL leg when I search for those flights as separate tickets. However, when searching ATL - DEL, the Delta flight out of ATL shows sold out in biz and the only option that comes up is AF on both legs. I'm wondering if this is because the DL suites are "J" class while the AF business class come up as "C"? Also, I'm assuming 2hrs25min is enough time to connect in CDG?

AMS
Options for the ATL - AMS leg are KLM 787-900 or Delta A330-300. Options for the AMS - DEL leg include Jet Airways codeshare on a 777-300ER (which may be sold out the days I need to go) or KL 777-300, which based on the seatmap looks to be 2-2-2 across.

What would you do? Connect in CDG or AMS? Add a 2nd connection somewhere else? Fly a different airline and skip the MQM's? (United flies direct EWR - DEL). Insight and opinions welcome. Thank you in advance.