FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delights to Go [formerly LH Flying Lab grab to go trial] in MUC
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:06 pm
joppiesaus

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Review: Lufthansa MUC "Delights to Go" Terminal 2

Hi FT!
I've learned an incredible amount reading the forums and I hope I can give back to the FT community. This is my first post to review anything, so I hope this is both helpful and clear for everyone!

Before trying it out, I couldn't find anything in detail on the forums so I wanted to post a quick review of the new express lounge concept that in MUC called "Delights to Go":
https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/delights-to-go

On a recent intra-Europe trip in mid-December with not quite enough stopover time to warrant a visit to the nearby SEN Lounge (~45 min), I noticed that my gate was right in front of the new outpost. Alas I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the exterior, but I did visit since I was getting a bit peckish and traveling onwards on a short hop in Y.

The LH website states that it is across from G19 but this option remains unlisted when you search for a LH lounge. As this is rather a service point, it could easily be missed. It isn't labeled on the MUC airport map, but I've put a green arrow to where it is actually located:

First impressions:
I asked the staffer at the guest in German what exactly this all was, and I was greeted in English (as the staffer wasn't so comfortable in doing so - totally okay for me, but maybe a bit weird for others?) with a very unclear idea of what exactly what was behind. BP scanned and everything ok, was told to enjoy. Though the terminal was buzzing at 5:30pm on a Tuesday, the entire Delights To Go area was empty.

Looking Inside:
An enclosed cubicle-like area that somehow still feels open.

Left hand side: two snack box vending machines and two drink machines

Right hand side: Packing station

Getting your Snack Box:
Hang on to your BP, as you still need to scan it at the actual vending machine. According to the website there are three options for boxes: Classic, Balance, and Local. On this early flight at 6pm, only the first two options were available.
  • Classic: Greek farmer salad, honey roasted almonds, a fresh apple, still water
  • Balance: American style goat's cream cheese sandwich, orange-cranberry trail mix, a fresh apple, still water
I opted for the Balance box and waited for the machine to vend:

And the box popped out at the bottom:

Beverages:
The cold beverage area dispense water, apple, and orange juices:

Two machines available for cold beverages

There are also two automatic machines for hot beverages with to-go cups. In addition to coffee and espresso-based drinks, there was also hot chocolate and Eilles tea, including black, green, and herbal teas.

Packing up:
Grab your things to the right hand side where you can pack your box into a paper bag (if needed). Utensils, napkins, and assorted condiments (including sugar and milk for hot beverages) are also on hand. The snack box also has a built-in cupholder, which is helpful if you are in a bit of a rush and are running out of hands.

Box with cupholder and branded LH bag

Unpacking the box (post-flight):
Alas I had to get some work done and didn't manage to actually eat the box in-flight. I ended up opening it all at my destination:

Contents of Classic box

I enjoyed the holiday touches for the napkin, and it was a nice touch to add the refreshing towel. The goat cheese sandwich and still water were delivered as promised. However, the apple was traded for a mandarin orange, and the orange-cranberry trail mix was exchanged for a gingerbread chocolate and a Ritter Sport chocolate square. The sandwich was fine, but nothing that I would write home about.

Summary:
This service is pretty great if you have status, are a bit hungry, and don't want to shovel down a more extended food offering in the nearby SEN Lounge. Considering it doesn't seem to be used very often, it could be a great time-saver for a status customer looking for an easy way to get some food or drink to go, without dealing with many lines. Be aware though, that what may be displayed on the screen may not necessarily be what you get. If I had more time, I would still probably opt to go to a lounge.