FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-rewards [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:07 am
selondoner

Programs: BA Executive Club
@JOSman10. I hope you have the same positive experience as @tartanguru and not mine!

I also had been a e-rewards member through Avios and had been completing surveys for 10 years until the end of August. When I realised I'd stopped receiving new survey email alerts I attempted to log into my account and got "your account has been marked inactive". I therefore emailed them and after supplying the answers to a couple of security questions received a response that my account had been reactivated. However the emails didn't restart and when I logged into my account was still not finding any surveys to complete so I contacted them again and received exactly the same response as you've copied in your previous post. However when I had no response after 14 business days I chased them and then received the following bombshell response:

"Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account. As a member of our program, you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules, we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts. We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time, your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website."

I've asked for an explanation as to what it is I'm supposed to have done (I only had one account and I have always answered the surveys I've been given honestly) so I'm at a loss as to what has caused them to take this decision. What aggrieves me the most is that the trip I had been planning which would have needed most of the 30,000+ points I'd accumulated converted to Avios had to be postponed due to a serious family illness and instead of converting them anyway I left them in my e-rewards account and now I've lost them!!

If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can take this any further with e-rewards I would be very grateful.