FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best airlines and membership programs in Southeast Asia?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:35 pm
TanyaHelenaP

Programs: BA Executive Club
Lightbulb Best airlines and membership programs in Southeast Asia?

Hi folks (wow, it's been a while, so much has changed) - what are the top airlines and mileage programs for travel within Southeast Asia?

I'm normally a "medium frequency flyer" Oneworlder on BAEC who typically flies between my home in London and Asia via HK, but will soon be based in Southeast Asia, most likely flying within and between Thailand (mostly), Cambodia, Vietnam, maybe 1-3 times a month.

I travel for my own freelance work so no employer to invest in First/Business for me and I don't expect to reach any higher status tiers. More likely want to collect miles faster.

More importantly perhaps I am a very fussy person I [wholeheartedly, abnormally irritably] hate queues, delays and measuring hand luggage sizes (P.S.: for genuine personal/health reasons), and I know that some airlines will treat you a tiny little bit better just because you pay them a tiny little bit more or you're a member of their mileage program, regardless of your status. (I don't remember exactly with whom - I think a Oneworld airline - but I was extremely pleased when I was granted priority boarding once, and a premium economy upgrade another time, just because I had bothered to register for their program!!)

Anyway, which airlines and/or mileage programs should I consider for good service and those quick wins in benefits, comforting moments and convenience?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and considerations!