FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Stupidly Split The Reservations on the Outbound and Downgraded Our Return Flights
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:27 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I Stupidly Split The Reservations on the Outbound and Downgraded Our Return Flights

Today I was flying to New York with my girlfriend. We have a RDU-NYC round trip booked arriving New York today and leaving tomorrow. We got the upgrades based on me being PM for the return flights at T-120 but the outbound had not cleared as of this morning.

When we got to RDU today, we were #2 and 3 for 2 seats for the flight up. The gate agent called us to the podium and asked if we wanted one seat. We said yes and one of us went in F and one went in C+. Then things got weird. Both of us got locked out of our Delta accounts. I finally got back in after calling Delta to get l a new password and the. realized we weren't on the same reservation anymore. My girlfriend is now on a different PNR and has been downgraded to Y and I'm still in F on our original record. I went to an agent at LGA after we arrived who could only put her back on standby for an upgrade not back into F. I then called Delta and the agent told me this is what happens when a reservation gets split and it cannot be undone. I feel really stupid for causing this. I just had no idea one of us taking the seat on the first flight would cause this to happen.

Last edited by CMK10; Feb 9, 2019 at 12:05 pm