FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Gold For Sale?
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by musicmtl
Definitely appears suspicious, though quite a few positive reviews. Could it be possible that there's a Star Alliance airline that offers a *gold pass or code, valid for a single use? A bit like the MLL passes, but also giving check-in and luggage benefits?
Keep in mind some of those reviewers are new to eBay and this is the first and only review **cough** SCAM **cough**. IIRC there was a security researcher who showed that you could make small changes to the barcode of a boarding pass to gain *Gold access. The fact that the card doesn't earn any miles is also somewhat suspicious. The fact that the seller asks for your PNR and other personal details is also somewhat worrying (with those details they could do a number of things to your flight including cancelling it for a refund to their account). I'd also be curious to know what would happen if you were caught with a forged *Gold card. Would your ticket get cancelled? Would the police be called? Too many risks if you ask me!

I'll say this once and I'll say it again, *Gold is designed for the frequent traveller, someone who flies tens of thousands of miles every year. They are the ones who need priority services, lounge access and baggage allowance, not the FoTSG. And if you can pull of that type of travel activity there are a number of programs that will grant you Gold status not the least of which being UA, A3 and OZ.

Safe Travels,

James