FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 300k miles expiring in February 2020 - Suggestions on what to use them for?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:43 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
300k miles expiring in February 2020 - Suggestions on what to use them for?

So it is that time of the year again: I checked a family members miles&more account only to discorver that they have over 346k miles that are going to expire in 2020. That's a lot of miles with which you could buy lots of cool stuff. But what should they spend it on? F class round trips are hard to come by and requires one to be flexible, First class upgrades from business are possible but the only upcoming business flight hasn't got any free award seats.
I don't want to spend them on the world shop as that would be a terrible value for the miles. So what to do?

The family member in question has a flight to Seoul on SQ (potentially one leg LX) this year, but as far as I know SQ does not allow upgrades form J to their suites class and the leg from SIN to ICN has no First class cabin. Only the return leg from SIN to ZRH will be operated by LX and there I will try to upgrade them to First with a cost of 50k miles. This will leave us with another 294k miles to spend. What to do with those? Are there any fancy F class round trips to have? As mentioned flexibility is a problem and since they have no status access to inventory is limited.

I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions

Cheers