FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: World Traveller
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:57 am
Mordac

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
Anything could happen really re a family being seated there between now and your flight so unpredictable really.

Personally and assuming your average height? I'd plump for row 52 and the window going westbound. You can stretch out a bit sideways and put your feet up on a small rucksack if you have one with you. Done this quite a few times over the years and if Gold TS may stick, possibly.
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Happy to be told otherwise, but I didn't think they would bump you for a family. You can't get the bassinet seat itself[1] but to my knowledge you won't get moved out a seat adjacent to the bassinet just because an infant is travelling with a family group.
Indeed there was a thread fairly recently where due to an aircraft swap, a group with an infant found only the bassinet itself seat free, but not the adjacent seats. That passenger thought they should move the other passengers so their group could remain together but BA declined to do so.

Now, with that all said, I think I'd agree with PETER01 and unless I was in a huge hurry to get across the border, go for the pairs at the rear.

[1] Until about T-36ish before departure and of course you will be quite correctly booted out if it is needed for an infant.
Thank you both for your replies. Indeed, I'm only 5ft8, so I don't anticipate being that uncomfortable at one of the standard seats, especially if I get lucky with TS. My main concern is really ending up at the back of the queue for customs. In fact, I'm a bit wary of having an infant next to me all flight, even with noise cancelling headphones!

This is BA213, arriving at BOS 1455. Does anyone reading this have any idea how busy they're likely to be at this time? If not much, I'm fine at the back.