FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PC with U STAR (Convertible) reservation - chances of upgrade?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:26 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Just be careful at the exit booth to make sure they’ve got the right reservation pulled up. Even better, cancel the one you won’t be using before heading to the exit booth. Just note that you can’t cancel once the pickup time has passed so best to set both reservations to a pickup 1-2 hours beyond when you expect to arrive (picking up a bit early is never a problem at a big airport).
That's actually what I'm going to do on my next LAX reservation.

I have one ICAR booking for "just in case" (i.e. the convertables offered are tatty for some reason). Then I have one JTAR reservation and I'm pondering on having a STAR or RTAR reservation as a secondary option. Just have a stroll first and see what's available for me, then log onto my laptop, cancel what I don't want and then take the car I actually choose, drive to the gate and show them the printed reservation for that one. That means they see the right rate and which reservation to activate, if there's any lag in those cancellations.

Not sure if the JTAR category is actually good or if RTAR/STAR would offer more bang for the buck? I'm going to drive for 5 days with the car, so not really happy to drive with something subpar.