FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most indolent BA flight crew ever?
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:14 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I do not disagree with you - however you are not taking jetlag into account. Oddly enough, I found it worse on East Coast than further afield. I am not making excuses for shody service but sometimes sleep can be evasive. I do not have to tell you that you can be awake at times when you should be asleep and then it can hit you like a sledgehammer. From LHR, this should not be an issue but I note that JFK has been mentioned and I wondered if they were on the last leg of a B2B (I'm out of it now and things may be different.

I mention this just to try and point out something that one could easily overlook. Having rest periods and being able to get sleep are not the same thing. This does not excuse lacadical take-it-or leave-it service.
Glad you agree. Almmost all Intercontinental flights from mid esat, far east, Indian subcontinent take off at awful hours after midnight. We do not see these crews being so uncaring. I understand jet lag plays havoc with sleep patterns, but them are the breaks. All jobs (most !) have some quirks. If you accept it willfully then you must provide the services agreed upon. ( I speak from experience several such flights and a job from midnight to 8 AM many moons ago.)