FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most indolent BA flight crew ever?
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:14 pm
ttama

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I do not disagree with you - however you are not taking jetlag into account. Oddly enough, I found it worse on East Coast than further afield. I am not making excuses for shody service but sometimes sleep can be evasive. I do not have to tell you that you can be awake at times when you should be asleep and then it can hit you like a sledgehammer. From LHR, this should not be an issue but I note that JFK has been mentioned and I wondered if they were on the last leg of a B2B (I'm out of it now and things may be different.

I mention this just to try and point out something that one could easily overlook. Having rest periods and being able to get sleep are not the same thing. This does not excuse lacadical take-it-or leave-it service.
Would you expect any other profession to perform badly because they work unsociable hours? Or your loved ones to be grumpy or abusive? Air crew aren't special snowflakes. If they can't hack it, it's simply not the right job for them. Lots of people find they can't work shifts; there's no shame in it, some people just can't hack it.

If a CSD sees they have crew members who can't hack it, surely they need to have a quiet word in someone's ear?