FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wild speculation on UA's new strategy for Polaris, Upgrades and Award Space
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:59 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by halls120
That is the rule in many USG departments and agencies - you're flying SFO-SIN? Leave a day earlier and and come back to work a day later.
That was the rule the last time I had to goto SIN (from the east coast). Though it was just "leave a day earlier", there was no "come back to work a day later". And leaving a day earlier did not mean anything. I would arrive in SIN at 2am and get little to no sleep. We'd have at least one status around mid-morning to noon meeting, maybe more.
Then at least one telecon with the east coast (late night time in SIN). Plus there was a plethora of "preparation" work to be done because these trips were always poorly planned at the last minute. "Leave a day earlier" just meant "transfer a day of work to SIN. I'm not sure how one can practically be expected to report to work at 6am while arriving on a 2am flight anyways.

Now being over 14hrs, we would have been allowed to fly J, however, the program I worked had an overriding directive forcing Y travel.