View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 19, 9:29 am
tcollins33

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Stayed here Mon-Fri a couple weeks ago. As others have said, the base rooms are comically small, especially if there happens to be two of you. The so-called "Deluxe Room" is a queen bed and approximately 20 sq ft. of leftover space for spreading out. The lounge was workable and, at least when we were there, quiet during the day. Breakfast was eggs and bacon and an assortment of other cold items. The lobby restaurant/bar is nice, but very expensive (the same local beer that's free in the lounge was EUR12ish in the bar). The concierge made efficient reservations for sightseeing destinations as well as a great restaurant (Pompei - about a seven minute walk away). The oddly-located front desk situation made for a cramped check-in. The front desk was very adamant about no upgrade availability, despite there availability showing on the app (a big issue with most of us), but I booked what I booked. The only item that irked me was one of the bellmen was particularly grabby with our luggage upon arrival and departure. My wife and I like to keep control of our luggage. This guy gave us no options - he was taking our bags. He really seemed to want the tip - he soon found out that I hadn't been to the ATM yet and had no cash. Upon checkout, I stopped at the front desk and my wife walked do the entrance steps to thank the concierge, and again, the same bellman grabbed her luggage and stated that he would call a taxi for us. She firmly stated that we were taking the RER to Gare de Nord and we didn't need a taxi. All in all, not a bad stay, but not sure we would stay here again with the same selections (room category and being more stern about an upgrade, and even more stern with the bellman).