View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 19, 9:22 am
NeGourmand

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by dealhunter32 View Post
Did you inquire about the payment not crediting toward CL and that's what drew attention to your account? The issuer in question has long had a policy of not crediting payments toward one's available credit for 8 days if a payment is made less than 3 days after a prior payment, even if it's initiated via the issuer. There is a message displayed on their website, but of course you wouldn't see the message having pushed a WMBP.
I did inquire on day 9 after a payment didn't release CL. I discussed with people who reported no hold on pushed payments. I think my account was under review prior to calling, but who knows.

Originally Posted by jk2 View Post
That's too bad, that some people don't get an idea that you cannot get everything. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
Would I do this with an issuer I was concerned about keeping long term? Of course not. If you value your relationship with an issuer, this hobby is a marathon. If you don't, it's a sprint. Might as well stress test early on, before loss of cash back match becomes too big of a risk. Staying within the CL for that card ($5k) on a monthly basis wasn't worth logging into another site to check that payments arrived, etc.