FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:36 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I have two separate AA J award tickets (BKK-DOH and DOH-LAX).
I will arrive at DOH at 12:20PM then depart at 7:55AM the next day. I have like 19.5 hours layover overnight.
I was thinking to stay at a hotel in Doha, but after I read this thread staying at AS lounge overnight would be another choice.
Are there any tricks to store my suitcase somewhere during the day when I explore Doha?
A couple of things....

First, using one of the sleeping rooms at Al Safwa is on a first-come, first-served basis. No guarantees that you'll get a room. Your use of that room is also limited to six hours, so when you set your alarm, be sure to leave time to shower if you want to. There has been some mention in this thread about access to the lounge being limited to six hours total for people whose access is purchased rather than by F boarding pass. You'll want to verify that (even here on FT) before making any final plans about how to spend your time.

There are bag storage facilities. The rule is that you must take your bag(s) if you leave the airport; but I am unaware of any way that they could track that. So you can leave your bag(s) while you go into Doha, but there may be some small risk associated with that. Presumably they will treat bags left when the passenger has left the airport as abandoned and potential security risks; but, again, how would they know if you leave the airport? Your choice, just making you aware. I've left mine once (in Al Mourjan) and there was no problem.