FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:35 pm
brandonpkt

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

This is the response I recieved when I asked the same question a couple weeks ago....

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry for the delay to reply your e-mail.

2018 some of our Deluxe Beach Villas have been renovated.

We are planning to carry out renovation for the balance of Deluxe Beach Villa this year to uplift our resort.

However, at this moment we do not have any confirmed plan for renovation on water villas, especially closing one of our island.

All the Deluxe Beach Villas are situated in the main Island, while you have booked a Water Villa which is situated in Water Villa Island.

Please find attached map of the Island for you to have an idea of all our Villas situated at both Islands

If we have any additional renovation project, we will communicate through on our website.

Deluxe Beach Villas in total will be refurbished in blocks throughout. Work will be carried out throughout the day and will not impact the island’s tranquil environment.

We will be closing the paths through the worksite; however alternative paths and walkways are marked with sign boards around the island.

The resort comprises three islands, one being for team members and maintenance workshops. This will assist us to conduct the majority of the heavy works, and assembly on the team member island which is farthest from guest areas, thereby minimizing as much noise as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or if we can assist you in any way.

I would love to see Rangali renovate the water villas - they are really out of date especially considering other new properties in the Maldives. However, it looks like that may not be in the cards for this year based on the email above. The comment - “especially closing one of our islands” makes me think they are considering only a targeted refurb of a section of villa (I would think the base water villas as they look the worst). Although really who knows, all speculation at this point.

Probably best thing to do is make plans as if no Reno and maybe be pleasantly surprised