FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:53 am
henry999

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
BP availability is the key

I am thinking about a plan whereby I would arrive on an international flight at DEL T3 and leave from there some 16 hours later, on a different itinerary. I think 12 hours in the airside hotel would do me nicely. However, it appears that you need an onward boarding pass to get to the hotel. Correct? The airline on which I would fly out allows online check-in at 36 hours before departure. However, there are reports that DEL airport does not accept mobile or self-printed boarding passes. Correct? So, if I need to get my onward BP at the airside transfer desk, in order to get through to the hotel, will I be able to do that in a timely manner, as soon as I arrive? Or will I have to wait some-many hours before they can give it to me? In that case there's not only no point in booking the transit hotel but I don't even want to contemplate the nightmare of sitting in the plastic chairs in front of the transfer desk for 8 or 10 or 12 hours.

The alternative -- e-Visa -- doesn't look much better. Expensive. Time to get out of the airport, to a hotel, back in the morning, check-in queues -- there wouldn't be much sleep anyway, in spite of the multiplied layers of hassle.

Any insights? Advice? Thanks in advance.