FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish new/cancelled/changed routes
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:16 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by yurtripper
But why have Corfu only at the height of the summer season? Greek islands are ideal for the shoulder season. LO did the same with BEY (though that's not exactly a major tourist magnet)

LO had a disastrous performance during S18. If it starts to look like something similar is in the offing this year I'll probably stick with A3 for anything in Greece (nicer airline, better earnings, much better on-time record)
Their latest network strategy certainly doesn't strike me as being a model of efficiency, see also those weekly services which don't seem to make any sort of sense [and in fact they get cancelled soon after launch e.g. Turin or even those flights to Ukraine from the likes of Poznań and Bydgoszcz...]. As of their disastrous performance, it seems to be standard modus-operandi over the peak months (and as far as I can remember) hence I'm unable to see how the forthcoming summer season could be any different. It shouldn't affect me anyway this summer as LH/OS/JU will all provide valid transport alternatives for the trips over to HQ

G