FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elliott Park Hotel, Autograph Collection - Minneapolis, MN [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:07 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Let's break this down.

1. Stupid comment by FDC if s/he wasn't going to upgrade you.

2. Are you on a 1-night or longer stay? If 1-night then they should have upgraded you. If longer than 1-night & the suite wasn't available on subsequent nights, then they were correct in not upgrading you. Note to everyone - if you want to see if a suite is truly available, plug in the dates of your entire stay & see if it shows up. Just plugging in your arrival date means squat.

3. The 2-beds thing could be due to the guaranteed bed type. They have to honor what's booked or they could get hit with a penalty. If you told them point blank you were willing to give up the guarantee that would be different. Also, in fairness, it's not the hotel's fault you booked a 2-bed & then didn't care about bed type (unless that was the only thing available & then they honored what you booked).

4.. While I'm Lifetime Plat Premier (soon to be Lifetime Titanium), for myself I literally can't get worked up about whether the FDC calls me Plat or Plat Premier. Seriously. In the entire scheme of things, is it that important? I get it's nice, but the world won't fall apart (unless one is called a Gold when Plat Premier ) I know the MAR system/software knows the dif & will post the appropriate bonus points (which to me is more important!).

Also, in fairness to the hotel you have no idea how many PP checked in before you & got 'your' upgrade. It could because they stay more often, they got there before you, their stays were 1-nighters when yours was longer - fill in the blank. I have friends who are FDC at MAR properties & they've told me, especially in metropolitan cities, they get a lot of elites, including a lot of PPs. You're not necessarily as special as you think you are

5. Thanks for the update on breakfast. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.
Cheers.