FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:08 pm
physics

Originally Posted by STS-134
Nothing says "I am a churner" more than being 18/24..
Of course. I do not deny it.

Chase wouldn't even consider issuing a new card to such a person
That is absolutely incorrect (or at least it was until they expanded 5/24 last year). Proof: I was already at such a level when I got my last card from them earlier in 2018.

Now, physics is asking why Chase dumped him. Personally, I'd ask how he expected to get away with being over 3.5 times what he knew was the limit when the relationship started.
Actually, I'm not really asking why I was dumped. And I agree being LOL/24 is at least part of the reason. I, and many others, had been in a steady state of LOL/24 and a Chase card holder for a couple years. What I am (and I think others are) curious about is what made Chase suddenly look at and review my account after them being fine with the status quo for months. Hence the speculation: high UR balance, payments from multiple checking accts, high statement balance, bad luck,...? If chase simply ran a predictable algorithm whereby they did credit pulls and every one over N/24 got dumped, there would be a LOT more closed reports here.