FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:41 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bravada04
For a person that doesn't fly Business Class very often............I'm getting on AC29 tomorrow. So how do I know if the seat is deflated from the get go!

Well, if you sit down and it feel like a hard board, that's a clue.
If you lean back and feel metal rods, that's a clue.
If you board and the parts are inflated but deflate in-flight, you'll notice and feel it.

I've had maintenance onboard prior to my Nov AC 15 departure and that guy kept pressing the firmer-softer button (no pun intended). I told him that is not how to reset the seat. He kept at it so I told the SD he is wasting time, I didn't want him to hold up the flight so we would have to sort it later.

I had 16 hours of lumbar misery on that one. The 2 SDs tried all of the various resets because the rondelle reset didn't even work.

On the recent AC 4, the seat was deflated at departure, I reset with rondelle. It worked for 45 minutes or so, then deflated, then I reset again, last for just under 2 hours and so the game went for the flight.

On AC 101, nothing worked and as I noted, AC 101 and AC 4 were both fin 849 and I was not in the same seat, plus others on 101 also had deflates.

On AC 16 from HKG, nothing worked.

And as per suggestions of others on this forum in both public and private messages to me, it seems I fly AC too often and am thus on the losing end of the AC Deflated-Seat-Lottery.

I will have to decide whether I cancel upcoming trips, or take them but book nothing after that until AC decides to take this issue seriously in both the repair & replace department as well as not being so cheap in the compensation department.

More than one SD in the past year made some comment that I had to move seats because the deflated seat posed safety issue. So, how does that work on a full-flight? How does that work when someone paid $5,000 for a ticket and AC's view is "well, we got you there"? And how does it work when the same aircraft turns around to fly back and another pax is in the same seat that one SD decided was not safe on the outbound?