FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is taking 2 stickers for my wife’s upgrade worth complaining about?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:19 pm
Les Anderson

Programs: AA PPRO
Originally Posted by Beachfun71
I’ve “given” my wife my complimentary upgrade on many occasions, and I’ve never had stickers pulled for this. If we both upgrade, then yes, but not in the situation you are describing. The only difference I see is that your/her upgrade occurred after boarding.
This is my experience too. Did I really need to go up front, sit down and then get back up and give it to her? Ha.

Again, first world problems but I am surprised that she can technically be upgraded without me being upgraded. For example, her BP shows group 4, so she doesn't seem to inherit my full status. I am sure there were other PLTs and GLDs that she got ahead of. If I am being upgraded, her cutting in front of them makes sense, but if I am not- does she really have priority over every elite behind me? If so, why is she not shown as group 3? If I am a PLT or GLD I am pissed if someones companion is upgraded over me in this situation tbh.

As PLT/GLD is it possible for one to request an upgrade for their companion but not for themselves? I don't think so, but maybe I am wrong.

How it all works is interesting to me. Thx