FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:27 pm
eeebee

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by eeebee
Thanks for the info. Honestly, I'd even be OK with paying an extra person charge for my son. I'm really more concerned with showing up, all the way from the US, with three people on a two person reservation, and then being turned away. I've been able to do this without a problem all of my son's life in hotels around the world, but everything I've read about Tokyo is that hotels there can actually be quite strict about it. In case you haven't guessed, this is our first trip to Japan.
So, for anyone else who might be thinking about staying at the Prince Gallery with kids, I did receive an email response from the hotel with clarification. Having asked if there was an extra charge for kids in the room, they stated the following:

As our hotel policy, up to two children below 12years old can share their parent's bed with free charge, so you can stay with your child in the same room without additional charge.

However, please understand in advance that we have a age restriction policy for the SPA area, we allow spa facility access to persons over the age of 18 years.

We kindly ask for your understanding.
So it appears that, even though one is unable to book a room for more than two occupants (if you try to add a child, even a one-year old, you'll receive an error message stating "Correction needed - The hotel cannot accommodate 3 guests per room"), you can, in fact, have up to four in the room, assuming that the extra two are children 12 or under, and that they sleep in the existing bedding.

After having posted my initial query, I was also able to find this blurb on the hotel's website near the bottom of the Rooms tab:

Extra Bedding Policy

It is our pleasure to offer rollaway beds upon request in Deluxe Premier Twin rooms only; nightly fees apply. Cribs are available at no additional charge for children as young as 12 months.

IDK if this is true, however, as a standard Deluxe room is 452 sq ft., which seems plenty big to accommodate a small rollaway.

Anyway, it sounds like we're set for our trip to Tokyo this spring!