FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi Partner Avios Redemption
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:30 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by teledude
Back tracking is not allowed.
Originally Posted by marcolau317
Really? I'm surprised to hear that, as I have definitely redeemed one set of ticket as 2 separate round-trip in the past (HKG-TYO-HKG-Europe-HKG), and there seems to be no "No Backtracking" rule unlike Asia Miles.
This rather seems to prove my point! In addition to the above, I have seen some report a restriction on only one "overland segment/open-jaw" and others who claimed to have redeemed MPRs with several.

Originally Posted by s1362083
Neither is adding segments to an existing booking
And for before departure, based on my experience, you can change, add or delete segment so long as the total distance remain within the ticketed band, subject to the change fee and tax.
Likewise, I have added segments - though in my case these were originally out of range which could be a special case. However, none of my conversations with the Gold Line agents suggested that one couldn't modify at will before the departure of the first flight [the difference between adding, deleting and changing segments being pretty much semantics]. I was assured that adding flights which changed the distance band wouldn't be an issue either, though in the end that didn't actually occur.

My experience in booking multi carrier reward is to understand fully the rules, and manage your expectations before speaking to an agent, and when they are not reasonably following the rules, HUCA, or call another center altogether.
Originally Posted by Knodde
Seems to be quite a bit of confusion here, all depending on who you talk to at BA
I actually asked if they had the rules in writing that could be shared for future reference. I was told there were no such thing, and I guess that would also explain the numerous different answers one can get. But hey, no fun without a bit of challenge! I am still waiting for a repricing that I asked for on Thursday, now I have two flights in my app, with the original one ticketed, but not the new one...as would be expected I guess.
Yeah - it seems that not only are these "rules" for MPR not published, the impression I get is that they are passed on solely by word of mouth at BA too...! The only rule that seems to be certain is "8 segments max". In light of that, I personally think it's entirely reasonable to ask for what one wants.