FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa Carryon- which model & warranty?
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:57 am
konaflyer

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
@hornillas1. Thanks for another quick and informative post We actually have more time in Dubai to go to a mall. Do you know if one of their malls would have a Rimowa store. I'd just like to be able to see and feel the different models and colors. I will be in Europe July- Sept, mostly in France. I am on a wait list for Singapore Suites FRA- JFK. If that clears, I'll be really thrilled. If not, I hope to get a Lufthansa flight 2 weeks before leaving. How much cheaper are the suitcases in Germany vs France (or any EU country) vs the US? I agree that 10% off in the UAE isn't worth the hassle of the VAT paperwork.

Is New Old Stock discontinued models that the stores are still selling? The percentages off certainly sound like a deal.

I also looked up Away after you and another poster mentioned it. I am going to call tomorrow and see if they can send me one to try out if I can get it shipped to me ahead of my trip on 2/17/19 since they have the wonderful 100 day tryout period.. However, I think I have my heart set on a Rimowa. Which model would you recommend if weight is the biggest consideration.