FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:27 am
kapooncha
Suspended

Originally Posted by xcitech
I stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney in January 2019 for 2 nights. I had emailed the GM for a request to upgrade to a harbor view or Opera view room 3 days before my check in, and he sent back an email saying Opera view was sold out, and it was going to cost $300 AUD per night for the Harbor view, or $950 AUD for the King Opera Deluxe. As I was continuously traveling, I could not get an opportunity to reply back ( I was going to decline the paid upgrade.. 600 AUD was too much for just the view). When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised that they did the upgrade to the Harbor view nonetheless!

The hotel is good, nothing phenomenal to write about. I am sure there are much better rooms available for a cheaper price, e.g. Four Seasons, Shangri la, etc. If not for point redemption, I would not stay at the Park Hyatt.
You make a good point. PH Sydney is 2.5x as much as the Langham. And 3x as much as the Sofitel, Four Seasons, Shangri La, etc.

No doubt it's a nice property but value wise, very, very questionable.