FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:26 pm
HkCaGu

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by ttyl
I’m hoping that I would be able to access United Club. Has anyone been able to do so with a similar status profile?
I'm finally able to look through your post history to know one important factor: time of day. The UC is closed 0000-0600. And regardless of time of day, as you're flying HKG-HGH, you cannot use the UC. And if they let you in at 2300, you can't go back landside! Also, terminal amenities will be very limited overnight, both airside and landside. There are threads in the HK forum about where in town to spend the night, but if you are coming in HNL-GUM-HKG and not a lie-flat seat SFO/ORD/EWR-HKG, you will be very tired already. Overnighting without a bed then arriving in an unfamiliar pedestrian city (Asia, Europe, Americas, it doesn't matter) the next day after a 2-hour flight, you can easily get robbed!

If the airport Regal is only US$140, use that for a 6-hour good quality sleep. You aren't likely to find anything in the city significantly cheaper without losing a lot more transit time.