FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to identify each redeem points transaction?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:04 pm
ecgz88

Originally Posted by margarita girl
The only way to make sure you don’t lose out here is to keep a spreadsheet and document every transaction in and out of your account and keep a running total of your balance. Even then it won’t add up as it may be off by a few hundred points here and there with no corresponding activity, but not enough to get worried about. I just throw in a phantom adjustment. I’m anal about keeping records on spreadsheets and always did it with SPG even though every activity was properly identified in chronological order. Everything always added up, but it was just a habit for me.

Marriott gives me a headache with their lack of info on the Activities list. The only way to make any sense of it is to keep your own records!
I reach out to the CSR posted above, Marriott IT is a mess just have no record at all how I originally book the reservation and how it been modified in hotel front desk, like I said their website don't show up the Lumsum points after each transaction and I don't have the transaction email, so in the end go to no where. Very disappointed.

I just use my account without enough points book a hotel for 2 nights 60K each, no confirmation email at all!