FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:35 pm
IrishStephen

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by Only1BD
Hi all. I've booked for two nights in September with my partner...same sex. We are both VERY respectful of local customs where ever we travel and have obviously booked twin beds. Anyone in a similar situation been, and were you treated as a normal guest and made to feel comfortable, or was it an experience to be forgotten? I transited Dubai with a friend last year and we had a twin room in the Sheraton Grand Dubai. It was the most uncomfortable hotel experience either of us had endured. The hotel apologised and placed a few Starpoints in my account, but it was not an experience I would wish to repeat. However, the Al Maha looks unique enough to peak my partner's and my interest in visiting Dubai as a couple (albeit we will just be 'good friends' on this trip)! Any experiences that you can share would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.
Have visited the property before with my wife and daughter and have met and noticed many in your situation. You have nothing at all to worry about once respecting local customs. Its a fantastic property with some truly wonderful staff. Enjoy your trip.

PS: Two days will have you wanting for far more....