FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FB says: Mileage earning only when ticket issued on Skyteam airline paper
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:45 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Very odd conversation I just had with AF:
I had called them because I did not manage to enter a request for a mileage credit for a KLM flight that had not credited automatically. What they told me was that miles were not earned for any flights if the ticket hadn't been issued on stock of a non-Skyteam airline. In my case I had a flight operated by KLM, flightnumber on the ticket was KLM, flightnumber on the boaridng pass was with KLM, my frequent flyer number was on the KLM-issued boarding pass - but the ticket was on OS stock (other flight on that ticket were on OS). Funnily enough, when I viewed the reservation on the KL website it told me how many miles and how many XP I would earn (which leads me to conclude that they *can* calculate their share of the fare. So it's not an issue of "we cannot calculate the amount because we don't know what part of the fare belongs to us")

Is that true? Mileage earning only when the ticket is issued on ticket stock of a Skyteam airline? The Flying Blue website says "Earn Miles for every € you spend on Air France, KLM, Joon and HOP!-marketed flights". If "marketed" means "booked under a KL/AF flight number" then mileage earning should be possible. If "marketed" means "issued on ticket stock of an airline whose flights allow credits for FB" then indeed I woulnd't get miles.

Anyone can help? I simply cannot believe this explanation - after all, KLM got their money, and I flew on one of their planes and a KL flight number. Why does ticket stock matter?
this is all BS, as you rightly guessed (there is no such provisions in the T&C of the program). Who did you call ? FB or the Plat line ? HUCA is definitely the best thing to do. Or do it “old fashion” by sending a letter with your BP to FB by regular mail.