Old Feb 5, 19, 5:55 am
gingerlucy

Programs: BA Silver, Hotels.com Gold
Late 30s. I've been travelling all my life but, being from the south coast, for my childhood that was nearly always by ferry not plane. Graduated to flying with my friends in my late teens on Ryanair and Easyjet, plenty of sleeping in STN/LTN as we couldn't afford a hotel the night before. Through my 20s I went to a lot of places but always in economy and on whatever airline was cheapest - I had no idea that status would ever be achievable so I didn't even try, though according to the e-mail from BA the other day I have been a member of BAEC since 2007. A few years ago with the help of FT I figured out that status could be obtained for much less money than I thought through Ex-EU, TP runs and so on, and have been Silver ever since with no real aspirations to Gold.

No significant work travel (one domestic a year to our Scottish office, perhaps one to Europe on top if I'm lucky, all most definitely economy) so it is all self-funded leisure and even Silver requires a bit of planning to maintain. Lifetime TPs are just north of 3,000 at this point and I'm unlikely to earn them any faster in the foreseeable future.