FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhanced customer service commitment including free DirecTV on all DTV A/C.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:45 am
skidooman

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Well, at least they are trying. I am a bit apprehensive about what will be taken back because if something was pretty consistent during the Munoz era it is the inconsistency. At times United wants to become more flyer-friendly, in an effort to become a more classy airline, and at other times the focus is on low prices at the expense of everything else.

Somewhere, I guess I understand where we are heading: a really segmented world, just like the real one, with a few lucky guys sitting in front in ever more comfortable seats, and a bunch of poor souls behind in a true "cattle class" - that is a cattle car where each bovine is sandwiched against one another. In the US seems to be the norm.

But even inside these cabins, United has been inconsistent. Remember the wine tasters? Made it unique AFAIK and... ooops, nevermind, gone!

Somewhere this will haunt them one day or another because you just cannot be everything to everyone. You cannot be SQ and Frontier all at once. At some point, you must pick one.