FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa Carryon- which model & warranty?
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:38 am
hornillas1

Programs: M/M
The "Flex Divider" system that is featured inside the RIMOWA Original and Classic lines are nothing to be impressed about.

The single piece of hook pile tape (commonly referred to as "Velcro"), does little to hold the contents of your bag if you are one to pack heavier items in the top half section when you open your suitcase on its side profile.

Compared to the Away compression system, Away uses two separate hook pile tape straps to hold their contents in place.

I much prefer the Away compression system when compared to RIMOWA's design.

The Essential Lite features two slide fasteners (commonly referred to as "Zippers"). Most users should be fine with the slide fasteners, so long as they do not pack any sharp or overweight objects in the compartment. Be wary of sharp objects that can cut the mesh fabric that is keeps your contents in place. Damage would result in you having to replace the entire interior lining, rather than just the Flex Dividers of the Original and Classic lines.

The Flex Divider is a mute feature for my personal uses. I tend to pack my contents on top of the Flex Divider, rarely using the feature.