FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Makeup-what goes in your 3-1-1 Bag? Makeup bag and...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:05 pm
hipquest

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Mine is the same as the OP's. Though I use powder make up, which helps with the 3 11 bag. I use Muji clear zipped bag which has been okayed at every airport but Edinburgh, where an officious chap made me put all my liquids in the quart bag. Of course it all fit it went through the scanner and I put my stuff back in my bag and handed the chap the bag back.

Sometimes I take Lush solid shampoo, a good space saver.
I'm mostly powdered complexion makeup, too except I use a tinted spf moisturizer with my regular spf when climate appropriate. I'll have to look into the Lush solid shampoo!

Originally Posted by freecia

I usually ponder over liquids the longest when I bring food which has salad dressing, dips, or other condiments. Most TSA agents seem ok with a lunch bag in addition to personal item & carry-on (some used to check item count and size like they were given airline kickbacks on ancillary fees) without large amounts of liquid or sauce. A few ULCC's in SE Asia also don't allow you to BYO food for consumption onboard. I've also had drinks purchased post-security confiscated before boarding at a few international airports.

ETA: Coconut oil, other than its quasi liquid/solid state, is also a food and should be declared upon entry to countries with strict agriculture rules like AU & NZ. Some people use it to remove makeup or as a moisturizer.
I have never had an issue (knock wood) with my Duke's Mayo packets and they are never in my 311 bag. I do put a backup supply in my checked piece, just in case
I never would have thought about coconut oil being an issue. Does this apply to other oils that might be considered a "food"? I ask this because my husband actually ate my maracuja oil and told me the olive oil I had purchased "tasted funny", lol.