FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy Darmstadt - Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:07 pm
MrM2016

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I have just arrived here, the hotel is celebrating six days since opening.

The lobby interior is similar to the Moxy Frankfurt Airport (no surprises), but the rooms, beds and bathrooms are to a higher standard. It also lacks the idiotic semi-naked floor to ceiling pictures that the Frankfurt airport rooms have.

Recognition for me as a Platinum Premier was good, I was upgraded to a corner room with floor to ceiling windows. My upgrade expectations for the Moxy chain are very low it must be said, I'm not expecting a St Regis suite here.

All guests until April receive free breakfast, to celebrate the hotel's opening. As a reminder, Platinums are not eligible for breakfast at the Moxy only a $10 food/beverage voucher.

The air conditioning appears to be individually room controlled, which is very welcome in continental Europe where a lot of units have a shared central system.

The location is close to the other hotels here and is literally within the sprawling Deutsche Telekom campus, which is the reason I suspect the vast majority of travellers (including myself) are here.