FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Refundable Advance Reservations and Room Rates: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:57 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MaHa
Hi guys, sorry for bumping an old thread. I'm new to earning HHonors and a bit confused. Do any of you guys know of any restrictions for earning Honors points on advance purchases at Hampton Inn?

I made a reservation for two rooms at Hampton Inn Vancouver Airport, Richmond. It was Honors Advanced purchase made 6 months prior to the stay. This was a stay prior to going to Hilton Waikiki Beach, Honolulu. I earned points for the Hilton Waikiki (although inadverdently failed to realize the max two rooms to earn points when I booked 6 rooms here) . The stay registered, but I was awarded zero points. I don't have any reason to suspect I shouldnt earn points. Emailing HHonors only results in the same auto-reply listing all the types of reservations ineligible for earning points. I forwarded the email again to HHonors, asking for clarification, Only to get the exact same response, with no explanation.

Before I make furthet phone calls/emails, is there something glaringly obvious I am overlooking? I waa hoping to start earning and obtaining status, but this whole thing is making me reconsider. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated
I think you need to speak with a live body (if you can find one) and get them to look at what's going on. The one time I have points fail to post the property coded my stay as not eligible for points. My first response from HH took what the hotel did as valid. Not until I spoke with a CSR and clearly (read forcefully) explained the stay did qualify did they look past what the property did and determined they made a mistake. Finding a CSR that will look past what happened is rare as most of them these days will just try to justify what has happened and not want to dig in and actually fix an error.