Old Feb 4, 19, 4:13 am
SavvyTravel

Programs: BA Gold, VS Red, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hello everyone
After a few weeks of chasing air fares for a summer family trip from the UK to Vietnam, we're ready to hit the buy now button but I wanted some input first on the use of OneWorld lounges...

My wife and I are (will be) BA Gold/ OWE but the flights we are looking at are in Y on QR via DOH to SGN/HAN.

We are taking two of our adult children with us (21 and 18) and so would like to make sure that they benefit from our status (sadly we can't afford J!).

Two questions: choice of airport ex-UK and which lounge (if any) can we use at DOH?

1. Our exUK options are
LHR - which seems to be using the T4 Skyteam lounge (not the dedicated QR one)
LGW - the Aspire lounge, which has some poor reviews here or
BHX - the No 1 Traveller lounge which seems decent

Can someone please confirm that OWE + Y boarding card + guest = successful access for all of these (or not!).

2. Which lounge/s can we use whilst in transit at DOH? Our flights have a 1 hour to 3 hour layover (dependant on routing) and if we have access to a good lounge, I'm happy to take the longer layover. Looks like the "OneWorld First lounge" is ok as this thread indicates.

Originally Posted by tmac100 View Post
Yup, I concur. OWS travelling in Y = me into the HIA Business Class lounge this past week end... I know this will continue, so why bother with these questions???
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
From the lounge guide ( https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access ) , would have access to either of Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge or the Qatar Airways First Class Lounge.
​​​​​​​
And yes. I think now I've answered the question but I still have a nagging doubt about the 'kids' and being able to guest them in!
Thanks all

Last edited by SavvyTravel; Feb 4, 19 at 10:20 am Reason: Corrected link