FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to buy an extra seat? "EXTRASEAT" for paid or award flights
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:04 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Schweden
Stuck in economy for a YYZ-SFO-SIN roundtrip itinerary. I'm travelling with my SO and I'm contemplating buying an extra seat so we can take up a whole row. Economy Plus looks to be about 200 USD pp for each SFO-SIN leg. If the extra seat is at the same price as the ticket I just booked, it would be 797 CAD/609 USD roundtrip. Is this doable? ...
The EXTRASEAT process is described in this thread's wiki your post has been moved to.

Would I earn additional miles if I'm crediting to Asiana? ...
UA allows you to earn RDMs (award miles) crediting to UA's MP program, so it may be possible to credit to OZ (unless OZ as a restriction).

Looking at the total seat width, is it even possible to lie across a row? ...
for one person across 3 seats, yes -- you're talking a little under 5 ft, so most will need to bend their knees and if you are much over 6 ft, it will get tight. But what does your companion do? Only a shorter person could lie down with their head in the lap of the other,