FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PE between ORD - MAD
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:54 pm
CoHiba Gent

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It's a perfectly fine PE product.

When describing IB to people who haven't flown it I'd say it's about the world's most adequate airline. I honestly don't mean that as a negative either. It's never going to win any awards for being particularly amazing, but it's not bad either. It's about as middle of the road and unremarkable as it gets. So if it works best for your schedule and in the case of ORD-MAD is the only direct option, go for it.
Thank you for that description.

I've been watching this thread since we have a similar decision to make. We are headed to Athens and live in Florida. Unfortunately, Miami outbound is not available. I have the tough decision of JFK - MAD - ATH in Premium Economy, or SJU - MAD - ATH in business. The Avios is not much different, but SJU is costing me about $500.00 more out of pocket for business, and forcing me to take Aegean MAD - ATH (the cost difference), arriving 3 hours later. I'm torn whether the $500.00 is justifiable along with the 3 hour later arrival simply for business over PE. Not familiar with the IB product, I'm not sure if it's worth it. However, neither of us do well in coach for long durations (+4 hours) hence we lean toward business when traveling abroad. We use points when traveling abroad, and most reward programs force either J or Y. Iberia allows for bookings in PE adding a new option. I'm hoping someone could help make our minds up for us

Many thanks for all the help,

Andrew